Friday, July 15, 2011

The Book Whisperer- Chapter 4

I really liked the ideas that were displayed in his chapter in regards to genre. I liked how she gave them a bucket of books with no label and they had to guess the genre. I definitely want to discuss genre a lot more with my firsties.

One of the questions that was addressed in the book was how you pick out books. I pick mine out a few ways:
1. Friend recommondations
2. Author's I like
3. Books that I see movie trailers for! I always want to read the book and then watch the movie! 

Current books I have read due to movie trailers:
1. Water for Elephants
2. Something Borrowed
3. Hunger Games (reading now...)

I like that Miller talked about what abandoning a book when it is not your type of book! I couldn't agree with this more! There is nothing worse than laboring through a horrible book! I abandoned books before and I am sure I will again!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining the party.

    Mandy
    http://aspecialkindofclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete