Mrs. Bainbridge's Class is hosting a linky party! In her words "We've all got those "things" that we say. What is something you always say to your students? Maybe it's something cute that you love... or maybe it's something that you heard them start to say to each other that made you go "uh oh!"."
We all say things that make us think "oops" or laugh at ourselves, or even make the kids laugh!
Here are mine:
1. "Come back to Earth!"
Yep, say this when the students are completely "out to lunch". I also might say something about them being in outer space and needing to come back to Earth.
2. "Did you leave your ears at home?"
When they obviously are not listening, they tend to get a kick out of this one!
3.. "I didn't marry my brother, if I did I would be Mrs. Winsor"
They OFTEN call me Mrs. Winsor- which I have long accepted..... but earlier in my teaching years (and sometimes now for fun!) I say this line, to point out I could only be Mrs. Winsor if I married my brother. This gets a good laugh from my kiddos.
4. "If you think I don't know whats happening you are wrong"
They think I have eyes on the back of my head, really!
5. "No Miss Winsor's"
This one I didn't even realize how much they "picked it up." One of my biggest pet peeves is when it is time to line up and for some reason this is the time they all have something they just HAVE to tell me. So of course, I get a ton of "Ms. Winsor, Ms. Winsor!" So this is my line to them in response- "No Miss Winsor's!" So one day when discussing rules in our class, I get the usual "raise your hand", etc and a little girl raises her hand and says "No Miss Winsor's" I about died laughing! :) Someone got it I guess! haha

I often say, "Do you need a q-tip to clean out your ears?" Haha forgot about that one, thanks for following me! Following you now :)
ReplyDeleteToo funny! Thanks for joining my linky party!
ReplyDelete:)
Christina