I am reading The Book Whisperer and am going to respond to discussion questions that the others who are reading the book are answering :)
How did you feel as you started reading? What were your first thoughts, connections, insights?
I felt anxious to know how she accomplished instilling the love of reading on to her students. I myself love to read and a lot of what Donalyn Miller was saying about reading pertained to me. I love to read, and to be taken to "another world" by a book.
Were you like me and finally felt as though you had found someone who was speaking your language?
Yes, someone who loved reading as much as I do. I always find it unfortunate when a student does not like to read.
Which part jumped out at you and made you say "aha!! I knew it"?
Even though I do know this, I think we all need reminders here and there- I really needed that reminder that it is important that a child find a book they are interested in. I wouldn't want to read a book I am not interested in, who would?If you are interested in checking out the book with is, please visit:
No matter what I tried to do I could not make it appear bigger or get rid of the blue box!


So glad you are joining us!
ReplyDeleteBeth
Thinking of Teaching